Sunday, January 9, 2011

What to expect while you're expecting...

 CqCw is going to have a baby!! The next 8 months or so are sure to be chock full of NUTS ;)
 ~Crazyquote coworker poetically announced today that she is expecting by saying this: "I must give birth in 8 months." She better get that copyrighted before Hallmark tries to steal it.
 ~Crazyquote Coworker returned from her ultrasound & I asked whether she & her husband were going to find out what they were having or if they wanted to be surprised. She raised an eyebrow and remarked tersely "Are you crazy? We know what we're having--we're having a baby. I'm not going to go and find out I'm having a goat or an animal!" Yes, because that's *exactly* what I was asking...
~I asked Crazyquote Coworker if her mother was going to come visit after the baby was born. She looked at me like I was crazy and goes "Of course! She will come for a few years-- who else is going to raise my baby?" Umm, I don't know, YOU maybe?!
~So Crazyquote Coworker was telling me how she's been nauseous for the past month & also really fatigued. After she surmised that the cause was "definitely the air conditioning", I asked "Are you sure it's not because you're pregnant and in your first trimester?" She paused, then commented "I've never heard of people getting sick when they're pregnant. Maybe that's only in America." Ahh yes, I'm sure it is.
~Crazyquote Coworker has been wearing this smock-like overcoat thingy every day for the past few weeks. (Think apron/overcoat things that the cafeteria ladies wore in school.) I asked her about it and she goes "This is to protect me from all the radiation here." So she's good to go in case we move our offices to a dentist's x-ray room or Chernobyl.
~Crazyquote Coworker says she's not eating any duck while she's pregnant because "it's a fact" that if you eat duck while pregnant your children will be born with webbed feet. Fact, people--a fact!
 ~I asked Crazyquote Coworker if, now that she was expecting a baby, if she'd thought of raising the child here or in her home country of China. She thought for a moment, grimmaced, and goes "I don't know, China is just full of people I don't like."

No comments:

Post a Comment